When it comes to installing a new flooring solution, it can be a difficult choice to figure out which type of floor is perfect for your selected venue. Stone Plastic Composite flooring also know as SPC Flooring is a new multiple layer flooring product which is equipped with features such as being dimensionally stable, resilient and easy to install. Whereas Luxury Vinyl Tiles (LVT) flooring is known to be an exceptional floor covering that gives a more realistic look and feel of actual wooden, stone or ceramic floor.
“They say if you are a homeowner, property manager or business owner, it is better to do some research rather than choosing stone Plastic Composite (SPC) or Luxury vinyl tiles (LVT) right away”
Although becoming a popular one, the majority of the people across the world are choosing to go for Luxury Vinyl Tiles (LVT) rather than considering SPC flooring. Below are some of the reasons why;
Disadvantages of choosing SPC:
- Hard construction
- As the name “Stone” Plastic Composite defines, it has stone construction which is known to be very hard underfoot. This can be further understood via an example of a glass falling on top of an SPC floor, it would definitely smash whereas with vinyl tiles flooring, there are chances that the dropped glass may not break.
- The hard-stone construction in SPC flooring also promotes a higher rate of injury in comparison to those who choose to opt or go with real wood flooring, Luxury Vinyl Tiles or Vinyl Click.
- Noise Pollution
- As far as the DB rating is concerned, it is much higher for LVT or Vinyl click in comparison to SPC flooring. This meaning Vinyl Click is much quieter under foot causing less noise when walked on with high heels, shoes or slippers in your home, office or selected venue
Advantages of choosing SPC:
- As far as the affordability of SPC (Stone Plastic Composite) is concerned, it is more of a budget floor when compared to other flooring solutions such as vinyl click. This is due to the core components of SPC being Stone which cost less to precure at point of manufacture in comparison to PVC which is the main core of Vinyl Click.
- Concerning the stability, SPC floor is said to be more stable product with shrinkage of
- The rigid core SPC floor is produced out of the composite core construction as it is recognized to be one step over the solid LVT. Rigid core SPC Floor is known to be a primarily suitable flooring that requires higher indentation resistance and where extensive exposure to sunlight/heat can occur. It works in commercial applications where actual performance is in demand. It is relatively forgiving over imperfect and uneven subfloors.
What is common between SPC and LVT flooring?
There are many similarities between traditional Vinyl Click and SPC flooring, some of which are;
- 100% waterproof
- Both traditional LVT and SPC vinyl are 100% waterproof. Spills of water, juice, wine etc. do not affect either the SPC or Vinyl Click Flooring.
- At Floortree.com, we are creating beautiful flooring solutions including both SPC vinyl and traditional LVT available in a variety of colors, sizes, patterns, decors, textures, plank width, etc. From modern to traditional and rustic styles, one can find every variety of style and to suit your budget.
- Just like most of vinyl flooring options, traditional LVT and SPC vinyl can be installed either below, on or above the grade. They are great flooring options especially for kitchens, bath and laundry rooms and businesses such as restaurants or cafes. vinyl flooring is a perfect option.
- With regards to the installation process, both SPC and Vinyl Click should be installed over a level surface and can be fixed directly on top of a verity of sub floors in the absence of any such preparation, some of which are ceramic tiles, marble, plywood, a leveled screed, or directly onto a leveled raised access floor using an underlay. At Floortree.com we use a 2mm EVA underlay. SPC flooring is mainly suitable for commercial areas wherein Vinyl Click is suitable for both residential and commercial areas alike. In case your subflooring has dents or protrusions, choosing to go with LVT flooring may transfer via the surface since it is more pliable and flexible. At Floortree.com, we believe in utilizing up to 2mm EVA underlay with both the SPC flooring and Vinyl click to combat this and offer improved acoustic.
- Easy to clean and maintain
- When you opt for either vinyl or SPC flooring, the greatest benefit is that it is easy to clean and maintain with regular sweeping and cleaning with a wet mop and bucket.
Be it Luxury Vinyl Tile (LVT), Vinyl Click or SPC Vinyl, the trend in the flooring market continues to move towards Vinyl Flooring.
Statistics show that the market share of Vinyl flooring has increased dramatically over the last few years. It is expected to continue to increase globally over the coming years with Laminate flooring predominantly being the most effected due to Vinyl Flooring eating into its market, this is due to the many benefits outlined above for Vinyl Flooring which laminate flooring is lacking.
Since the choices for flooring solutions may vary from one individual to another, keeping in mind the area to be covered, we at Floortree.com ensure to provide a multitude of options for our customers to choose from including SPC, LVT and Vinyl Click which can be found on our website www.floortree.com
Now you are equipped with all the information you can be rest assured that you can make a confident and informed choice for your required floor covering from Floortree.com.
Feel free to get in touch with our experienced sales representatives!